Many of us will be spending time at the beach this summer whether traveling or close to home. Not sure what to pack for a day at the beach or worried you will forget any beach essentials? To make sure you don’t forget anything and have a great day at the beach, I have put together a beach vacation packing list. (I also have a summer travel packing list if you are traveling this summer but this list is only for spending a day at the beach.)
Beach Packing List
Below is my beach vacation packing list.
• Beach bag – Essential for carrying your beach essentials!
• Sunglasses – A must for the beach or most days really. Darker pairs offer the best UV protection.
• Hat – A hat is a must for sun protection. A floppy hat is cute and stylish option for women. Coolibar hats have excellent sun protection for both men and women.
• Sunscreen – Don’t forget to bring sunscreen! Make sure your sunscreen has UVA as well as UVB protection and make sure to reapply after sweating or getting wet.
• Lip balm with UV protection – Don’t forget your lips! Many people lather on the sunscreen but they overlook sun protection for their lips.
• Water – If you are going to a more remote beach bring your own water.
• Reusable/ insulated water bottle – I like this insulated water bottle because it keeps my water and other drinks cool.
• Smart Phone – I never go anywhere without my smartphone.
• External Battery – If your battery gets depleted fast, you might also want to bring an external battery to recharge your phone or other electronics.
• ID and cash – I would not bring a lot of cash but a bit of cash for buying snacks and drinks is a good idea.
Clothes to Bring for the Beach
• Flip-flops – These are my favorite flip flops because they have great traction and don’t slip when walking on wet surfaces.
• Bathing suits – Don’t forget to pack at least 1 bathing suit for the beach or pool.
• Beach Coverup – Women might want to bring a sarong, kaftan or swimwear cover up for the beach. Men can just wear shorts and a T-shirt.
• Extra change of clothes and underwear – If you plan to shower at the beach, bring a change of clothes.
• Wet/Dry Bag for bathing suit – If you plan to change at the beach, a wet/dry bag is a must for packing wet bathing suits.
Other Items You Might Need
• Beach towels – Your hotel might provide towels for the beach but if not don’t forget to bring one or more beach towels.
• Beach mat or folding beach chair – Might be useful if going to a beach without chairs.
• Beach umbrella – Many beaches have umbrellas and chairs you can use but if you are driving to a more remote beach you might want to pack your own beach umbrella.
• Snacks – You might want to pack snacks unless you are going to a beach with food nearby. Granola bars make a great snack.
• First aid kit – A basic first aid kit (band aids, tweezer, and pain reliever) is a good idea especially for families with young children.
• GoPro – A GoPro HERO5 Black is great for taking underwater photos.
• Waterproof Phone Case – A waterproof smartphone case is handy if you want to bring your phone in the water for selfies.
• Entertainment – Beach ball, beach pail and shovels, floaties and other beach toys.
Do you have any beach essentials?
Like this post? Pin it!
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. This means that if you buy a product after clicking on these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you) which helps pay for the running of this site.