Whenever I am in between trips or just need some inspiration, I love reading adventure quotes on travel. Reading quotes about adventure inspire me to plan a new trip and motivate me to take risks in order to achieve my goals in life rather than being stuck in the same place. Here are 40 of the most inspirational adventure quotes that will inspire you to explore the world!
Inspirational Adventure Quotes
1. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
2. “Adventure is worthwhile in itself.” – Amelia Earhart
3. “Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don’t be sorry.” – Jack Kerouac
4. “Oh Darling, Let’s Be Adventurers.”
5. “Jobs fill your pockets, but adventures fill your soul.” -Jaime Lyn
6. “As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was about to happen.” -Winnie the Pooh
7. “You know you are truly alive when you’re living among lions.” -Karen Blixen
8. “Don’t die without embracing the daring adventure your life was meant to be.” – Steve Pavlina
9. “‘It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -J.R.R Tolkien
10. “If happiness is the goal – and it should be, then adventures should be top priority.” – Richard Branson
11. “Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.” -Ernest Hemingway
12. “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” -T.S Eliot
13. “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.” -F. Scott Fitzgerald
14. “You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.” -Sue Fitzmaurice
15. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain
16. “One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.” -William Feather
17. “Life is an adventure. Take risks.’’
18. “Adventure isn’t hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles in life.” – John Amatt
19. “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”-A.A. Milnie
20. “The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.’’
21. “Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.” -Irving Wallace
22. “The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
23. “Then one day, when you least expect it, the great adventure finds you.’’ – Ewan Mcgregor
24. “Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure.’’ – Bob Bitchin
25. “The only question in life is whether or not you are going to answer a hearty ‘YES!’ to your adventure.’’ – Joseph Campbell
26. “Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell not stuff to show.’’
27. “A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints.” – Wilfred Peterson
28. “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” -Henry David Thoreau
29. “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by.”-Robert Frost
30. “Spontaneity is the best kind of adventure.”
31. “When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
32. “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.’’ – Ralph Waldo Emerson
33. “Life is an adventure, it’s not a package tour.’’ – Eckhart Tolle
34. “Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.” (This is one of my favorite travel with friends quotes)
35. “Climb mountains not so the world can see you but so you can see the world.’’ – David McCullough Jr.
36. “An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
37. “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world. You are surrounded by adventure. You have no idea of what is in store for you, but you will, if you are wise and know the art of travel, let yourself go on the stream of the unknown.” – Freya Stark
38. “At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling.” – Shanti
39. “Just DO It! … and say a little prayer.” – Lugene Hessler Hammond
40. “Go, fly, roam, travel, voyage, explore, journey, discover, adventure.”
41. “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
42. “We are all functioning at a small fraction of our capacity to live life fully in its total meaning of loving, caring, creating, and adventuring. Consequently, the actualizing of our potential can become the most exciting adventure of our lifetime.” – Herbert A. Otto
43. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
44. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
45. “Life is a fatal adventure. It can only have one end. So why not make it as far-ranging and free as possible.” – Thornton Wilder
46. “Nothing adventured, nothing attained.” – Peter McWilliams
Do you find quotes about adventure inspire you to explore the world? What do you think are the best adventure quotes about travel?
Looking for more travel inspiration? Check out our list of the Most Inspirational Travel Quotes for 60 more travel and adventure quotes.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Save this to Pinterest!
This is a great compilation of travel quotes. When looking for a name for my blog I explored travel quotes and came up with this one, which was the inspiration for World is Wide, “Since life is short and the world is wide, the sooner you start exploring it, the better.” ~ Simon Raven 🙂
I love this! There are so many inspirational quotes about travel and adventure, hard to pick a favourite!
Adventurous people are the best! They have so many stories to share. This kind of people really inspired me to take more risks in my life and make it more fun.
I love these travel quotes. They are what keep us going to travel the wonderful world.
Love all these quotes and I also have my own favourites – one which you have already quoted, which is also very popular “Explore. Dream. Discover.” by Mark Twain and I also love the one “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page”. Also, “You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
My favourite quotes are always about traveling and I’m always trying to put some when I post my travel photos on social media. I found in your post new ones that I didn’t know about – thanks!
Helen Keller’s quote shows; we choose. I love her take Patti because I chose to live a daring adventure, leaving behind my kinda boring 9-5 life from a decade ago.
Lovely quotes that are really inspiring. Great selection