There can be no doubt that a Key West boat rental experience is something you have to do at least once in your lifetime. Key West is located at the most western point of the Florida Keys and is just 90 miles north of Cuba. The region is packed with things to do and explore and is well known for its coral reefs.
Seeing Key West by boat is the best way to see it. Let’s find out why.
Key West Boat Rentals
Once you’ve worked out what kind of boat you want, and there is a lot to choose from, you can use a reputable company such as Click and Boat and set sail. Prices vary depending on what kind of boat you want, and how long you want it for. To give you a ballpark figure, motorboat rentals start at $450/day, while a sailboat rental begins at around the $1000 per day figure.
Things to do When You Rent a Sailboat
After you have your boat, and you set off for Key West, there is plenty of fun to be had onboard. Why not try the following:
- Tubing– Perhaps not for everyone but if you like being towed at high speeds with just you and a piece of rubber between the ocean then this is for you.
- Water Skiing– You’ll need a fast vessel for this like a motorboat but like tubing, water skiing is a great thrill and there is a technique to master to get right.
- Fishing– If you like the relaxing vibe of fishing then cast your line, sit back, and wait for a bite. Who knows what you catch could be what you eat later!
- Cool Drink– There is nothing quite like the gentle rocking of the boat, the hot sun and the gentle breeze as you sip on something cool. It is an experience you’ll never forget.
- Snorkeling– With Key West featuring coral reefs, this is the perfect time to explore them beneath the waves.
This is just a snapshot of what you can do with your Key West boat rental. And let’s not forget Key West itself.
Things to do in Key West
Key West is feature packed with amazing things to do. Why not try:
- Hitting the Beach– Although the region is not known for beaches it does have them, and they are beautiful. Perfect for kids to play in the sand and explore, perfect to lay back and catch some sun. The beach is always a wonderful place.
- Coves– Key West is packed with coves to explore. Perfect for all ages, the coves are begging to be explored.
- Islands – As Key West is an island city take the time to explore it. Museums, nightlife, there is simply no way you can get bored while on a Key West boat rental vacation. The adjacent islands need to be explored to so you better get on it.
A Key West boat rental is the perfect way to explore the region, and it offers you the trip of a lifetime.