I learned last week that I was nominated for a Liebster Award by fellow travel blogger Sarah of My Gipsy Soul.
OK, so the Liebster Award is not an actual award. It is a networking chain between new bloggers recognizing other bloggers. Still it is exciting to be recognized!
The rules for the Liebster award are as follows (stolen from Sarah!):
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions they asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Create a new list of 11 questions for your nominees.
Thanks for the nomination Sarah, I really appreciate it!
Below are the questions Sarah posed to me and my answers:
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
It’s hard to pick just one place but definitely a big city…Singapore, Bangkok, Tokyo or San Francisco would be top contenders.
What was your favorite subject in school?
What would you change about yourself if you could?
I’m a bit of a control freak and stress if something doesn’t go as planned. I need to work more on going with the flow.
What is your favorite book and why?
I can’t pick just one favorite- it would be like having to pick a favorite child!
Describe your perfect weekend.
Traveling with loved ones- that includes my dog.
If you could only eat one meal the rest of your life, what would it be?
Not the healthiest choices…I love BBQ ribs and fried chicken.
What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
Scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef and snorkeling in Belize was somewhat daring for me since I have a shark phobia.
Tell something about your favorite family tradition?
Favorite family tradition is celebrating holidays with get-togethers and lots and lots of food. I avoid traveling over the holidays so I don’t miss the celebrations.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Which languages do you speak?
English, French and a little Spanish.
What is one thing you will never do again?
Ride an elephant- I rode an elephant during my early travel days in Laos. I’ve since learned that elephants are broken in by torture and riding them actually hurts their backs. I deeply regret that experience.
So, now it is my turn to nominate 11 new bloggers and they are:
Yvette of Whirl of Wanderlust
Lala of Finding Lala
Amit from Around the World in Eighty Dollars
Jemina of Travelog with Jem
Holly from Hollydayz
Roxana from Travel Journey
Jayson from One Canadian’s Journey
Lisa from Our Year of The Mouse
Melissa from Melissa Brown
My questions are:
1) What is your favorite travel memory?
2) What is your biggest travel fail?
3) What are your three favorite places (cities or countries, islands etc.) visited and why?
4) Have you been somewhere that did not live up to your expectations?
5) If you could move anywhere in the world for a year where would it be?
6) How do you choose where you travel to?
7) How would you define your style of traveling?
8) What type of things excite you the most while traveling?
9) Who was the most interesting person you met on your travels?
10) Do you collect anything during your travels?
11) Who is your favorite travel partner?
I look forward to reading everyone’s answers!