Melbourne is certainly one of the world’s most loved city. Talk of the cultural diversity, the parks, the inner-neighborhoods, not to mention the amazing dining options available for both locals and tourists, has reached new international heights! There is a bevy of fun things to do in and around Melbourne, but which activities are the best fun day trips you can take in this vibrant place? Well, let’s take a look at some of those fun places that you should really visit during your trip to the land down under.
- Check out Bellarine Peninsula. Bellarine Peninsula is located southwest of Melbourne which is within an hour and a half drive from the city. It’s a perfect destination for a holiday or a weekend escapade thanks to a plethora fun things to do, not to mention the food! Talking attraction sites, there is the Historic Queenscliff, Maritime Museum, and the Vue Grand, among many others. If you’re in love with beaches for surfing, then Barwon Heads, Ocean Grove, and Point Lonsdale have got you covered in this department. And what about a trip on the SeaRoad Ferries across Port Phillip Bay to Sorrento? Stop by a wakeboard shop melbourne to pick up your gear before you go.
- Visit Daylesford. Better known as Spa Country, Daylesford is popular for its naturally occurring mineral springs – the largest in all of Australia. It’s a volcanic area that is blessed with lots of soil minerals meaning that you are bound to find some of the best vegetables, fruit, and food throughout the region. You will certainly fall in love with the beauty in the hot springs, the colorful markets, the art galleries, heritage train rides, and the museums in Daylesford.
- Take A Self-Guided Art Tour. If you want some free things to do in Melbourne, then spending the day exploring art isn’t a bad idea. Melbourne is famous for its street art and in fact, there are designated places where you will find some marvelous artwork plastered all over the buildings and walls. These are places where budding artists express their talents and both locals and tourist flock throughout the year to explore these colorful streets. Keep in mind that you will have to cough up some cash if you go for a guided art tour, so if you’re an art fanatic, you can do your own tour. Just find free art tour maps online to get the directions and you are good to go!
- Visit Mornington Peninsula. Mornington Peninsula is one of the best places to take a day trip with some of the most notable places to visit including the Safety Beach, Enchanted Adventure Garden, Arthurs Seat, Mornington Peninsula National Park, Cape Schanck Lighthouse Reserve, and much more! If you’re a foodie or you’re in love with beer, then a trip to a Mornington Peninsula brewery is the thing to do. There are plenty of great breweries where friends and families can converge for the love of freshly brewed characterful beers and amazing food, all while taking in a serene environment.
- Visit The Royal Botanic Gardens. The Royal Botanical Gardens is a gorgeous garden and one of the best places to visit if you’re in love with nature. Located just a walking distance from the city center, this garden is home to thousands of plant species, making it a cool place to go relax and take a walk. It’s the type of place where you go when you want to explore mother nature without having to plan!
Final Thoughts: Explore Melbourne.Now, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are definitely lots of other cool places to visit around Melbourne. Remember, Google is your friend and you can always search for more places to visit around Melbourne. So what are you waiting for – set out and explore the world’s most livable city!