Looking for inspiration to travel solo? I have put together some of the best quotes about traveling alone to inspire you to take that solo trip you have always wanted to take.
Solo Travel Quotes
I love traveling alone. Even though traveling with friends, family or a significant other can be fun, I like doing what I want when I want when I travel. I can be spontaneous instead of having to plan activities that everyone will enjoy and following a schedule. So if you need some motivation and inspiration to travel alone, read for the best solo travel quotes.
I hope you enjoy these inspiring solo travel quotes.
1. “I am never happier than when I am alone in a foreign city; it is as if I had become invisible.” – Storm Jameson
2. ”A person needs at intervals to separate himself from family and companions and go to new places. He must go without his familiars in order to be open to influences, to change.” — Katharine Butler Hathaway
3. “Travel only with thy equals or thy betters; if there are none, travel alone.” – Buddha
4. “Some journeys can be only travelled alone!” – Ken Poirot
5. “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.” – Henry David Thoreau
6. “The inner journey of travel is intensified by solitude.” – Paul Theroux
7. “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world. You are surrounded by adventure. You have no idea of what is in store for you, but you will, if you are wise and know the art of travel, let yourself go on the stream of the unknown.” – Freya Stark
8. “I wondered why it was that places are so much lovelier when one is alone.” – Daphne Du Maurier
9. “To travel is to take a journey into yourself.” – Danny Kaye
10. “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” – Ernest Hemingway
11. “He travels the fastest who travels alone.” – Rudyard Kipling
12. “The first rule of travel is that you should always go with someone you love, which is why I travel alone.” – Andrew O’Hagan
13. “Not I, nor anyone else can travel that road for you. You must travel it by yourself.” – Walt Whitman
14. “There are some places in life where you can only go alone. Embrace the beauty of your solo journey.” – Mandy Hale
15. “I think one travels more usefully when they travel alone, because they reflect more.” – Thomas Jefferson
16. “When the traveler goes alone he gets acquainted with himself.” – Liberty Hyde Bailey
17. “Adventure can be an end in itself. Self-discovery is the secret ingredient…” – Grace Lichtenstein
18. “When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
19. “Don’t be scared to walk alone, Don’t be scared to like it.” – John Mayer
20. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
Do you find quotes about traveling alone inspiring? What do you think are the best solo travel quotes?
Still need some inspiration to fuel your wanderlust? We have more travel quotes to inspire you:
- 60+ Best Travel Quotes to Fuel Your Wanderlust
- 35+ Adventure Quotes to Inspire You To Explore Our World
Want some more travel inspiration?
- The Ultimate USA Travel Bucket List: 125+ Best Places to Visit in the United States
- The Best Road Trips in the USA For Your Bucket List
- Ultimate Travel Bucket List: 100 Things to Do Before You Die